Please nominate a UC Davis College of Engineering Alumnus
The Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medals are awarded annually by the College of Engineering to recognize graduates whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the College.
Candidates for the medals must be UC Davis engineering graduates with fifteen or more years of professional experience, have a record of outstanding professional or technical achievement, have rendered distinguished service to the College of Engineering, the engineering profession or the community, and contributed in a significant way to enhancing the reputation of UC Davis.
Candidates may be nominated for the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medals in any of these categories:
- Distinction in teaching, research, or other scholarly pursuits
- Distinguished awards, publications, teaching awards, innovations in education, inventions, patents and discoveries
Achievement in Business
- Distinction and an influential position in business or industry
- Significant innovations and/or inventions in engineering, technology, business practices and/or entrepreneurship
Achievement in Public Service
- Outstanding professional service providing significant public benefits
- A high level position in the public sector, a non-governmental organization, non-profit agency or organization, OR extensive public/community service
- Activities that include but are not limited to innovation or implementation of systems and/or policies that greatly enhance or enable public works improvements, public advocacy, education, public health and safety, community development, environmental stewardship, social justice, and agricultural advocacy and/or improvements
Awards and honors will be considered in each category.
The process has been simplified so it is now very easy to nominate someone. If you know of a UC Davis College of Engineering alumnus who is deserving of recognition, please submit nominations using the form below, or print form and mail to
Linda Tsang - DEAM
Engineering Dean’s Office
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-5294
Nomination packets must be submitted by August 26, 2016.
Any questions regarding the nomination criteria or process should be directed to Linda Tsang, 530-752-3849.